#CAL11 & #11rsj
There is a debate going on in the conference on what CAL Researchers can do to enable social justice. Here are 11 ideas for a start, there are many more;
1. Set up a Public Interest Research Group and undertake research that benefits your community eg CoPIRG; Train your researchers to be socially responsible
2. Volunteer. Work in a community centre and enable socially inclusive learning to happen; learn from the socially excluded
3. Set up a local Goose Club, bring together people from different sectors, education, culture, business, community. Think up transformative projects; do the research
4. Trust your students. Everyone wants to learn, but perhaps not in the way you want them to; enable their epistemic cognition.
5. Make your work participative; Use the PAH Continuum in your teaching and enable collaborative and creative work (& recognise it)
6. Tell your local council you want to set up a pop-up learning centre & train people for a day, or a pop-up research centre & hold a ResearchMeet
8 Develop a Policy Forest for your area and identify the policy consequences of your work; tell the govt about it.
9 Create and set up a peer-to-peer EMA account and subsidise an entitled student to go to college (£30 a week) and sponsor them to go to your Uni
10. Create a hashtag for twitter and have a weekly discussion on how these projects are going #11rsj (research for social justice)
11 Trust and develop your professionalism; set up P2P CPD networks, and most of all believe in yourself; you can make a difference